Taxslayer Refund Now 2018 is a scam! Don't count on getting it sooner than the IRS will send it!!!

2.0
Additional Fees

I filed my 2018 return using Taxslayer because I could take advantage of the refund anticipation loan, or their Refund Now service. I have a return of 1200+ coming to me from the IRS.

These are W2's sent by legitimate companies to me, no questions asked. So I filed and at the end I chose to have the bank transfer to my checking account. I also chose the 25.00 fee that the bank who does their loan processing charges. This was over the weekend.

I received a message stating that my refund was accepted by the IRS. I had no other communication. I sent an email to their support team and got a message saying they would get back in 72 hours, although I used Premium and it claims you get priority service. So I called their customer service line which is not toll free.

I was told by customer service "You didn't receive a high enough refund amount to qualify." Ok so I cannot get a loan for 500.00 on a 1200+ tax return?! I guess unless you are getting a huge return you will NOT get your money in 48 hours.

I received no notice or warning so I could use another company. I was needing this money to pay some bills, so now I am screwed!

Product or Service Mentioned: Taxslayer Tax Return.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Refund now loan is a lie.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 06.